Chances are, your vacuum cleaner plays a significant role in your daily life. After all, it’s often the most straightforward way to clean your home and reduce dust, clutter and allergens in your living space. Regularly vacuuming your home will help you manage the presence of dust, pollen and other allergens, and keep your living space attractive and comfortable.
Unfortunately, there are a number of common vacuuming mistakes in Florida that people tend to make. These vacuuming mistakes can reduce the effectiveness of your vacuum system, and may even lead to you damaging your vacuum cleaner.
It’s important to recognize some common vacuuming mistakes in Florida so that you’re more equipped to avoid them and use your cleaner correctly. With proper usage, your vacuum cleaner can serve you for years. Here are just some of the most common mistakes people make with their vacuum cleaners, and how you can avoid them:
- Not emptying the bag: One of the most common vacuuming mistakes that people make is forgetting to empty the vacuum cleaner’s bag until it’s overflowing. This will adversely impact the functionality of the vacuum cleaner, and could even cause it to kick dust and debris back into the room.
- Only vacuuming in a single direction: To vacuum effectively, you have to vacuum both with and against the grain of the carpet or other floor surface. This ensures that you’re getting any ground-in dirt or debris that’s hiding within the fibers of the flooring. It only takes a few extra moments, and will result in a much cleaner home.
- Vacuuming too quickly: You shouldn’t be in too much of a hurry when you’re vacuuming your home. If you’re in a rush to complete your chore, you won’t do a very good job—in fact, you’ll probably find yourself having to break out your vacuum cleaner again.
- Not moving furniture: Always make sure to move your furniture before you start using your vacuum cleaner. If you simply vacuum around your furniture, without moving it, you’re going to end up with dust and dirt trapped under the furniture that will simply blow around once you’re finished.
- Forgetting to dust beforehand: Dusting prior to vacuuming will make your vacuuming endeavor much more successful. Engaging in a few moments of dusting prior to breaking out your vacuum cleaner will tremendously improve your cleaner’s ability to clean up debris.
- Using the wrong attachment: Make sure to always use the correct attachment tool for the job when vacuuming your living space. The wrong attachment will result in a home that’s not as clean, and could even damage your vacuum.
Central Vacuum Connection has been a premier provider of central vacuuming systems in Florida since 1974. We’re proud to provide our clients with high-quality central vacuums that they can use to keep their homes clean and comfortable. We offer central vacuum wholesale and installation services. To learn more about ways that we can help you optimize your living space by installing a central vacuum, or for additional tips to avoid vacuuming mistakes in Florida, contact one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Vacuum Tips
This post was written by Writer