Once you’ve invested in a quality vacuum system, you want to keep it working properly and in great condition for as long as possible. Your central vacuum system in Florida is one of the most important cleaning tools for your home, and you may use it for everything from your carpet and wood floors to furniture and baseboards. There are many things you can do to keep this essential system in good repair and working properly for years. Keep reading to make sure your following these important tips:
- Empty often: If you own a bagless central vacuum system in Florida, you’ll want to make sure you’re emptying the canister often. Vacuums can get clogged with dirt and debris, which can get in the way of the vacuum functioning properly. Many bagless systems indicate when it’s time to empty the receptacle, but you don’t always want to wait until it tells you to do so.
- Clean the filter: Bagless vacuums also have a filter that you’ll need to clean when you empty the receptacle to make sure that the vacuum will continue to suck properly and filter out the dust and dirt. Knock the filter against the garbage to loosen debris. Then, using your finger or a soft object, remove dirt from between the slats of the filter. Some filters are even washable, which you’ll want to take advantage of periodically.
- Replace bags: If operating a vacuum that employs the use of a bag, you’ll want to make sure you replace the bag on a regular basis. Don’t wait until the bag is full to replace it. To keep your machine working properly, replace the bag when it is two thirds full, so it doesn’t get completely packed before it’s changed to make sure it runs efficiently. A lack of suction or littering of dirt are indicators that the bag is full.
- Clean brush roll: The brush roll on your vacuum can also become clogged or impeded in some way, so you’ll want to check the brush periodically to remove objects that have been stuck and wrapped around the roll, such as hair, string or floss. If you can’t remove the debris with the roll in place, you can remove it and get a deeper clean and better access.
- Clean hoses and filters: Filters, hoses and other attachments also need to be cleaned periodically or when suction is suffering. A plastic filter can be rinsed, and a paper or fabric one can be shaken clean. Hoses and other attachments can get clogged by larger objects like a stray sock or toy, or an accumulation of hair, fur or dirt.
- Check the belt: If you’re having an issue with your central vacuum system in Florida, you may want to check the belt. If it isn’t tight against the roll, you may need to replace it. It could be stretched out or frayed or have slid out of place. You’ll need to replace the belt every six months to one year.
If you’re in need of vacuum repair, Central Vacuum Connection provides customers with installations, repair and accessories for central vacuum systems in Florida, along with a lifetime warranty. Contact us today for a free consultation!
Categorised in: Central Vacuum System
This post was written by Writer