When shopping around for a new vacuum, you should take your time and consider everything a unit has to offer. Will it deep clean your carpet? Does it work well on hard floor surfaces? Is it capable of improving indoor air quality? If you want all the above, then you’re in luck, because a central vacuum system can give you all this and more. Here are some tips to help you decide if a central vacuum system in Palm Beach County, FL is right for your home.
Know What You Will be Vacuuming
What are your vacuuming needs? Some homes have wall-to-wall carpeting, others hardwood or another hard surface flooring material, while some have both:
- Carpet: Regardless of whether your carpet is made up of short fibers or thick, plushy fibers, the key to a truly clean carpet is using a vacuum with a strong suction. It needs to be able to pull up settled, deep-down dirt and debris and be capable of maneuvering smoothly. The right central vacuum for you will have power head attachments specifically for cleaning carpets.
- Hardwood or hard surface floors: Hard surface flooring—like wood, laminate, composite, tile and stone—does not require as much vacuum suction as carpets. But what they do need is to be vacuumed, preferably using a soft-bristle bare-floor brush with wheels and a bumper that won’t scratch the floor. Luckily, most central vacuum systems work great on hard flooring.
- Vehicles: Many central vacuum brands have a selection of attachment tools to make the device as versatile as possible. That means you can put the right tool on the end of the hose to clean other areas and things, such as vehicles, RVs, boats, outdoor rugs and even the garage.
It’s also important to take into account the specific needs of your household:
- Do you have pets? If your family includes furry friends like dogs and cats, you likely vacuum at least a couple times a week to remove pet fur, dander and odors from your home. Most central vacuums are powerful enough to deal with pet-related messes very easily, but check with the manufacturer before buying.
- Does a family member suffer from respiratory issues? Those with severe seasonal or annual allergies, asthma and other respiratory issues or health concerns can benefit from a central vacuum system. The main reason for this is that the vent in which the vacuumed-up air cycles through vents to the outside of the house, instead of immediately recycling back into your house like a portable vacuum would do.
All in all, a professionally installed central vacuum system in Palm Beach County, FL is great for just about anyone, and offers a lot in the way of convenience, cleanliness and indoor air quality.
If you are a homeowner who is interested in learning more about all that a central vacuum system has to offer, don’t hesitate to call us at Central Vacuum Connection. We are available to answer questions, and we’ll even give you a free estimate on the cost of a brand new system for your home!
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by admin